Three Layer Chocolate Ganache Cake
This cake is very rich, moist and so good!
I only wish I had decorated this much better, it was a order and they wanted it plain.
I will be making more and will update better photos along with one cut so you can see the inside.
2 cwhite sugar
1 3/4 call purpose flour
3/4 cdark chocolate cocoa
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 tspbaking soda
3/4 cwhole milk
1/2 cvegetable oil
2 tspreal vanilla extract
1 cboiling water
2-3 cwhipped cream frosting (you can ask your local bakery for this)
1-2 cdark chocolate butter cream frosting or raspberry cream cheese frosting.
·*************for the ganache:
1 cheavy whipping cream
1 1/4 csimi sweet chocolate chips
1 Tbsplight corn syrup
How to Make Three Layer Chocolate Ganache Cake
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
Grease generously and flour three 8" round pans.
- Carefully stir in boiling water.
- Pour batter evenly into three 8" prepared pans. You don't have to measure, I just eye ball it! LOL
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool 5 to 10 minutes, remove your cakes onto your wire racks.
- Place one section on your desired dish or cake board. I put a little frosting on the bottom to keep it from sliding.
Frost the top with a chocolate butter cream frosting.
****Here is where you can get creative with several different fillings. I have also used a raspberry cream cheese frosting. "Yummy"
- Take your frozen cake out.
If it seems a little off square you can smooth it off by putting a little water on your frosting spatula and gently (not adding water to the cake) smooth it flat.
Remove your cake with a LARGE cake spatula onto a wire rack with a cookie sheet below.
(This is easy because it's frozen).
Start pouring the ganache on top of the cake letting it flow down the sides.
Carefully place it back on your serving plate.
For the bottom edge I press a little crushed chocolate graham crackers.
- It may seem like a lot of work but it is truly a wonderful cake!