The Ultimate Chocolate Cheesecake with Macaroon Cr
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup macaroon cookie crumbs
- 1 1/2 pounds cream cheese, at room temperature (3 pkgs, 8 oz. each)
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 pkg (6 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
How to Make The Ultimate Chocolate Cheesecake with Macaroon Cr
- 1In a 10" springform pan, spread the butter on the bottom and sprinkle crumbs evenly over all. Set pan aside.
- 2In the large bowl of an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese, sour cream, eggs, sugar and vanilla until blended.Do not overbeat. Beat in the melted chocolate until blended. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Allow to cool and then refrigerate for at least 6 hours. Overnight is good, too.
- 3Decorate top with a generous sprinkle of grated chocolate. To serve, cut into wedges and keep the portions small. Serves 12
Note: Can be prepared 1 day earlier and store in the refrigerator. Two tablespoons of Crème de Cacao can be added to the cream cheese mixture, if you enjoy the subtle addition of liqueur.
Source: My Old Recipes
Note: I make this cheesecake often, and it always gets rave reviews. I've frozen the leftovers (if there are any) to treat myself to a great frozen dessert. L.