1 3/4 cgraham cracker crumbs
4 Tbspgranulated sugar
1/2 stickbutter, melted (4 tablespoons)
·-for the cheesecake-
2 lbcream cheese (4, 8oz boxes) room temperature
1 1/3 cgranulated sugar
2 tspvanilla extract
4 largeeggs, room temperature
1/2 cheavy cream, room temperature
How to Make The Perfect Cheesecake
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
Butter a 9 inch springform pan.
Wrap the bottom of the pan with aluminum foil (for later on in cooking)
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, 4 tbls sugar, pinch of salt, and 1/2 stick of butter with fingers until crumbly.
- Pour into springform pan, and press down, going up the sides about halfway.
- Bake for 10 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Reduce oven heat to 325 degrees
- Heat a kettle of water, to a boil.
- With a hand mixer or stand mixer, whip cream cheese until light and fluffy (4 minutes)
- Pour in sugar, salt, and vanilla, and continue to blend for another 4 minutes.
- Add eggs while mixer is still running, one at a time and blend for at least one minute after each egg.
- After eggs are incorporated add the heavy cream and mix until there are no lumps AT ALL in mixture.
(Lumps will not dissolve during baking so make sure to blend well)
- Pour mixture into your baked graham cracker crust.
Set in a large baking dish, put in oven.
- While in oven, pour boiling water in the baking dish around cheesecake, so that it comes up to the sides about halfway.
- Bake for 2 hours.
(Cheesecake may be cracked and browned on top)
- After the 2 hours, turn the oven off, prop the door open a little, and leave the cheesecake in the warm oven for 1 hour.
- Remove the cheesecake from the baking dish and let come to room temperature. Chill overnight for best results.