The Most Ultimate Buttery Cream Cheese Pound Cake
1 1/2 cbutter, softened (no substitutions)
1 pkg(8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
6 largeeggs, room temp
1 1/2 tspvanilla (or use almond extract)
3 call-purpose flour
How to Make The Most Ultimate Buttery Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Generously grease two 8 x 4-inch loaf pans or a 4-quart tube pan.
- In a bowl cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar; beat until light and fluffy, about 5-7 minutes (you MUST beat for at least 5 minutes this is an important step!).
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Mix in vanilla.
- With mixer on low add the flour and salt in two additions.
- Immediately pour in batter into prepared pan.
- Tap pans to eliminate any large air bubbles in the batter.
- Bake 60-75 minutes, or until cakes tests done.
- Note: if the tops begin to brown too quickly tent loosely with foil.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes.
- Turn out the cakes then cool completely with the tops up on a wire rack.
- Note: if baking in a 4-qt tube pan increase baking time by about 5 minutes.