The Most Ultimate Buttery Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 c
- butter, softened (no substitutions)
- 1 pkg
- (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 3 c
- 6 large
- eggs, room temp
- 1 1/2 tsp
- vanilla (or use almond extract)
- 3 c
- all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp
How to Make The Most Ultimate Buttery Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Generously grease two 8 x 4-inch loaf pans or a 4-quart tube pan.
- 3In a bowl cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- 4Add sugar; beat until light and fluffy, about 5-7 minutes (you MUST beat for at least 5 minutes this is an important step!).
- 5Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- 6Mix in vanilla.
- 7With mixer on low add the flour and salt in two additions.
- 8Immediately pour in batter into prepared pan.
- 9Tap pans to eliminate any large air bubbles in the batter.
- 10Bake 60-75 minutes, or until cakes tests done.
- 11Note: if the tops begin to brown too quickly tent loosely with foil.
- 12Cool in pans for 10 minutes.
- 13Turn out the cakes then cool completely with the tops up on a wire rack.
- 14Note: if baking in a 4-qt tube pan increase baking time by about 5 minutes.