The Last Pound Cake You'll Ever Make
Also, it's great frozen and bring it out when guests are a surprise.
2 stickunsalted butter, at room temperature
6 largeeggs, at room temperature
3 call purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking powder
1 cheavy cream, at room temperature
2 tspreal almond extract
How to Make The Last Pound Cake You'll Ever Make
- DO NOT PREHEAT OVEN!
Have all ingredients at room temperature.
Generously grease and flour 10" tube pan.
- Cream butter and sugar well.
Add eggs one at a time, beating after each.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
Alternately add amounts of dry ingredients and heavy cream to eggs/sugar mixture, ending with flour.
Stir in almond flavoring.
- Pour into prepared tube pan and put in cold oven.
Set oven temperature to 325 degrees.
Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or a little less without opening door.
Test for doneness and do not overcook which will dry it out.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan before turning out.
Fantastic served alone but even better with fruit and homemade whipped cream.
- Throw all your other pound cake recipes in the garbage.