The Joy Of Brownies1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 4 oz
- unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 c
- 2 c
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 tsp
- 1 c
- sifted all purpose flour
- 1 c
- pecans or walnuts, broken
How to Make The Joy Of Brownies
- 1Melt chocolate and butter over very low heat, stirring frequently.
- 2Remove from heat and cool.
- 3Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 4In a medium size bowl, beat eggs until light.
- 5Continue beating, and gradually add sugar and salt until light and fluffy.
- 6Stir in vanilla and chocolate-butter mixture then stir in the flour, then nuts.
- 7Baking options: For 9 giant brownies, bake in 9 x 9-inch pan; for 12 large brownies or 24 small ones, bake in 9 x 13-inch pan.
- 8Prepare pans by greasing and flouring.
- 9Bake 45-60 minutes depending on how fudgy or cake-like you prefer the brownies but don't bake beyond the point that a toothpick comes out a bit wet.
- 10Allow to cool completely before cutting.
- 11To remove from pan, cool 15 minutes after removing from oven, then loosen edges and turn over as you would remove a cake.