THE GREAT PUMPKIN CAKE
(Calories from Fat 160),
Total Fat 18g
(Saturated Fat 4g,
Trans Fat 2 1/2g),
Total Carbohydrate 59g
(Dietary Fiber 0g,
Percent Daily Value*:
3 1/2 Other Carbohydrate;
0 Skim Milk;
0 Low-Fat Milk;
0 Very Lean Meat;
0 Lean Meat;
0 High-Fat Meat;
3 1/2 Fat;
- 2 box
- boxes betty crocker® supermoist® yellow cake mix
- 1/2 tsp
- orange paste icing color (not liquid food color)
- containers (1 lb each) betty crocker® rich & creamy vanilla frosting
- flat-bottom ice cream cone
- 1/2 c
- betty crocker® rich & creamy dark chocolate or chocolate frosting
- green candy-coated chocolate baking bits
- pieces candy corn
- lime wedge candy jellies
*** TOTAL TIME FOR THIS RECIPE 4 HOURS 45 MINUTES!***
How to Make THE GREAT PUMPKIN CAKE
- 1Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease and lightly flour 12-cup fluted tube cake pan, or spray with baking spray with flour. Make, bake and cool 1 cake mix as directed on box for 12-cup fluted tube pan. Repeat with second cake mix.
- 2Stir 1/4 teaspoon of the orange paste icing color into each container of vanilla frosting. To make pumpkin shape, place 1 cake, rounded side down, on serving plate (if necessary, trim cakes to form flat surfaces). Spread top with 1/3 cup orange frosting. Place second cake, rounded side up, on top of first cake. Frost both cakes with remaining orange frosting.
- 3Frost outside of ice cream cone with 1/3 cup of the chocolate frosting. In small resealable food-storage plastic bag, place remaining chocolate frosting; seal bag. Cut tiny hole in one bottom corner of bag. Squeeze bag to draw eyes, nose and mouth on pumpkin with frosting. Add baking bits for irises of eyes and candy corn for teeth.
- 4Frost outside of ice cream cone with 1/3 cup of the chocolate frosting. In small resealable food-storage plastic bag, place remaining cup chocolate frosting; seal bag. Cut tiny hole in one bottom corner of bag. Squeeze bag to draw eyes, nose and mouth on pumpkin with frosting. Add baking bits for irises of eyes and candy corn for teeth.
- 5Insert frosted cone in center of cake to form pumpkin stem. With knife, cut leaf shapes from candy jellies (see photo); place near stem. To serve cake, cut slices from top cake before cutting bottom cake. Store loosely covered.