The Great Chocolate Cake
There was no way we could eat all this cake so I gifted our local hardware store. A customer approached the counter and asked if it was real! LOL
6 largeeggs (at room temp)
6 Tbspreal unsalted butter (softened)
3 cvegetable oil
1 1/2 cunsweetened dark chocolate cocoa powder
1 1/2 cbuttermilk
3 tspreal vanilla extract
6 3/4 call purpose flour
4 1/2 tspbaking powder
4 1/2 tspbaking soda
3 cboiling water
3 cregular or semi sweet chocolate chips
How to Make The Great Chocolate Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease and flour six 8" round baking pans.
- Add first seven ingredients into a mixing bowl, mixing well in between each ingredient.
- Sift flour, baking powder and soda, and salt and add to the mixing bowl.
- Gently mix with a wooden spoon the boiling water.
make sure everything is well blended.
- Pour batter equally into each of the pans.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup chocolate chips on top of the batter in each pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Prepare your whipped cream frosting. I use "Pastry Pride" found at Smart & Final in Arizona, but you can buy already prepared whipped cream frosting in the bakery section at your local grocery bakery.
- After CAREFULLY stacking your layers, adding your whipped cream frosting between each one, use long wooden skewers to help hold them in place. (I used three).
- Put in the frig to set up a bit before you continue with the exterior frosting.