The Fudgiest Brownies You'll Ever Eat
How to Make The Fudgiest Brownies You'll Ever Eat
- Preheat the oven to 400
- Prepare and 8 inch square METAL baking pan. (It's important to use metal because a glass pan may break in the ice bath.) Line with parchment paper, so it covers all sides.
- Break up the chocolate and melt it with the butter in the top half of a double boiler. Stir to mix, and remove from heat.
- Mix in the sugar, vanilla and salt. Yep, right in the same pan!
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each.
- Stir in the flour, just until incorporated. Don't over mix!
- Scrape all into your prepared pan. No need to grease when using parchment paper.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes. DO NOT OVER BAKE! Test with a toothpick or knife, and if it's clean, take them out of the oven!
- Now here's the secret trick. While they're baking, prepare the ice bath by filling a large pan (I use my lasagne pan) with cold water and ice.
- Take the brownies out of the oven and float the pan in the ice bath. Be careful not to get them wet.
- Cool and cut into 9 to 16 squares and enjoy with an ice cold glass of milk.