THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES, MOM!
Jo Anne Sugimoto
1 pkgpineapple supreme cake mix
1 pkgorange gelatin (4-serving size)
1 cboiling water
2 tspgrated orange peel
2 pkgcream cheese, softened
1 cwhipping cream
1/2 cdairy sour cream
1 can(s)mandarin orange segments, drained (11 oz.)
How to Make THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES, MOM!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cake mix and melted butter in a large bowl. Mix at low speed with mixer until crumbs form.
- Pour into 9-inch springform pan. Lightly press crumbs 1 inch up the sides. Smooth remaining crumbs out in bottom of pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Cool.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water in small saucepan. Add orange peel. Refrigerate until thickened.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth in large bowl. Gradually beat in gelatin.
- Beat whipping cream until stiff in large bowl. Fold into orange cream cheese mixture.
- Pour into cooled crust. Refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours.
- Drop teaspoonful of sour cream around the edges of cheesecake. Garnish with drained orange segments.
- TIP: YOU CAN USE OTHER FRUIT FLAVORED GELATIN IN PLACE OF ORANGE. GARNISH WITH APPROPRIATE FRUIT.