- 1 1/2 lb
- candied red cherries (cut into quarters) 1 1/3 cups
- 1/2 lb
- candied pinapple coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- 1/2 lb
- pitted dted coarsely snipped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 Tbsp
- all-purpose flour
- 4 1/3 c
- chopped pecans
- 4 oz
- flaked coconut (about 1 1/4 cup)
- 1 can(s)
- sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
How to Make Texas Pecan Candy Cake
- 1Preheat oven to slow 250. Grease and flour 9" tube pan with removable bottom, set pan aside.
- 2Combine cherries, pineapple and dates in a very large bowl. Sprinkle with flour, toss to coat well. Add pecans and coconut and toss to coat. Add sweetened condensed milk, stir to mix well. Spoon evenly into prepared pan.
- 3Bake in preheated slow oven (250) for 1 1/2 hours. Cool in pan on rack. Remove from pan. Wrap tightly in foil. Refrigerate at least 2 weeks. Cake cuts best when cold. Slice very thin and enjoy this sweet treat.