Texas Coconut Pound Cake
Mary Lou Ivy
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Big thanks to Mary Lou (and her Mother-in-Law) for sharing this delicious cake with us! The aroma of coconut permeated the entire Test Kitchen as it was baking. What a delight! The Test Kitchen
2 stickbutter or maragine
3 cwhite sugar
3 call-purpose flour
1 cmilk, whole
1/2 tspbaking powder
1-1 1/2 ccoconut, shredded
2 tspcoconut extract
How to Make Texas Coconut Pound Cake
- Cream butter, Crisco, and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each.
- Add coconut flavoring.
- Sift flour and add baking powder. Alternate adding flour and milk to sugar mixture. Add coconut.
- Spray tube pan with Crisco non-stick spray with flour. Bake at 350 for 1 hr to 1 hr 15 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes turn on a cooling rack.
- Note: You can make a glaze of powdered sugar, milk and a small amount of coconut flavoring.