Texas Butter Marble Cake
This cake has sold for $250.00 at a cake auction. The buyer said it was worth every penny! You can definitely beat that price!
- 1 box
- duncan hines golden butter cake mix
- 1 box
- vanilla instant pudding
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- squares unsweetened baking chocolate
- squares semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 stick
- butter, at room temperature.
- 2 Tbsp
- light corn syrup
How to Make Texas Butter Marble Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Prepare, tube or Bundt pan by generously greasing and flouring it.
- 2In large mixing bowl mix cake mix and dry pudding mix together.
- 3Add water, oil and eggs (one at a time, beating after each addition). After everything is added, beat 1 minute longer.
- 4Reserve 1 cup of the batter, and pour the rest of the batter into the prepared pan.
- 5Melt the chocolate in the microwave, 30 seconds at a time. When melted, stir into reserved batter.
- 6Drizzle over top of cake batter and, with a butter knife, swirl into cake batter.
- 7Bake at 300 for 1 hour-1 hour 15 minutes. Depends on your oven. Test with toothpick or cake tester and when it comes out clean it's done.
- 8Cool cake and when cool drizzle the glaze over the cake. Glaze instructions are below.
- 9Melt the chocolate squares in microwave, 30 seconds and stirring after each time until smooth. Then beat in butter a little at a time. Stir in corn syrup. Let glaze cool a bit to thicken slightly. Drizzle over cake. If glaze holds it's shape it's too thick. Reheat at 15 second intervals until thin enough.
- 10Note: I have substituted semi sweet chocolate chips using 1 1/3 cups of chips for the recipe. Worked fine.