Texas Butter Marble Cake
This cake has sold for $250.00 at a cake auction. The buyer said it was worth every penny! You can definitely beat that price!
1 boxduncan hines golden butter cake mix
1 boxvanilla instant pudding
2squares unsweetened baking chocolate
8squares semi-sweet chocolate
1 stickbutter, at room temperature.
2 Tbsplight corn syrup
How to Make Texas Butter Marble Cake
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Prepare, tube or Bundt pan by generously greasing and flouring it.
- In large mixing bowl mix cake mix and dry pudding mix together.
- Add water, oil and eggs (one at a time, beating after each addition). After everything is added, beat 1 minute longer.
- Reserve 1 cup of the batter, and pour the rest of the batter into the prepared pan.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave, 30 seconds at a time. When melted, stir into reserved batter.
- Drizzle over top of cake batter and, with a butter knife, swirl into cake batter.
- Bake at 300 for 1 hour-1 hour 15 minutes. Depends on your oven. Test with toothpick or cake tester and when it comes out clean it's done.
- Cool cake and when cool drizzle the glaze over the cake. Glaze instructions are below.
- Melt the chocolate squares in microwave, 30 seconds and stirring after each time until smooth. Then beat in butter a little at a time. Stir in corn syrup. Let glaze cool a bit to thicken slightly. Drizzle over cake. If glaze holds it's shape it's too thick. Reheat at 15 second intervals until thin enough.
- Note: I have substituted semi sweet chocolate chips using 1 1/3 cups of chips for the recipe. Worked fine.