★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 call purpose flour
2 Tbspbaking powder
1/2 cvegetable shortening, cold cut into 1/4 in. pieces
1/2 cvegan butter
1/4 csoft tofu, blended smooth
3/4 csoy milk
As neededwhipping cream, whipped
How to Make Tea Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Cut in shortening and butter until only pebble sized pieces remain and buttery in colour.
- Add tofu to liquid measure and top it up to one cup with milk. Mix together with fork and add to flour/butter mixture. Stir until just combined with fork.
- Turn out onto floured surface and gently fold over a few times until it comes together. It will be soft and slightly tacky.
- Roll out by hand by gently patting it down until it is uniformly 1-inch thick. Note that the less you mess around with the dough, the more tender they will be.
- Cut with 2-inch biscuit cutter into rounds and place on un-greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until tops are golden brown. Let cool on a wire rack.
- When cooled, cut horizontally in half. Add whipping cream and strawberries. ( optional, you can use any fruit you like)