Take Me Back Lemon Pound Cake
- 1 box
- yellow cake mix (sugar free will work)
- 1- 3.9oz pkg
- instant lemon pudding
- 1/3 c
- (or less) white sugar
- 3/4 c
- (or less) vegetable or canola oil
- 3/4 c
- combined lemon juice from 1 lemon & water
- eggs, beaten
- 1 c
- sour cream
- zest from 1 entire lemon (suggested to zest lemon prior to squeezing juice from lemon)
How to Make Take Me Back Lemon Pound Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 325ᵒF and grease or spray bunt pan.
- 2Mix first 7 ingredients w/ electric mixer, in a large bowl, for about 2 minutes.
- 3Stir in lemon zest.
- 4Pour into greased Bunt pan.
- 5Bake 60 minutes, checking after 50 minutes. Cake may take longer than an hour.
- 6Cool on wire rack for at least 10 minutes. Cake is good hot or cool it completely and sprinkle w/ powdered sugar, lightly covered w/ a homemade cream cheese drizzle or even w/ no topping at all.