Swiss Meringue Chocolate ButterCream Frosting
- egg whites
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- 1 Tbsp
- light corn syrup
- sticks of unsalted butter ( room temperature).
- 2 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp
- 8 oz
- melted chocolate (dark or semi sweet).
How to Make Swiss Meringue Chocolate ButterCream Frosting
- 1In a sauce pan add water, sugar and corn syrup stir and let simmer until mixture reads 140 degrees in a candy thermometer. I don't have one so I do this by eye when the mixture starts to turn light golden brown. Melt chocolate in microwave and set aside.
- 2While the mixture is cooking beat your egg whites until soft peaks. Add hot sugar mixture slowly to the egg whites while whisking at the same time. I don't have a stand mixer so I I use a hand one. The mixture will become fluffy like marshmallow cream about 5 minutes of mixing.
- 3Cream together butter, salt and vanilla until smooth add fluffy mixture to the butter and start mixing. Add melted chocolate to the mixture and whisk until it comes together. You can store it in an air tight container in the fridge or on your counter. You should have no lumps and it should be smooth.