Sweet Rolls from Camarillo, CA
Blue Ribbon Recipe
What a way to start your day?! This is a solid recipe for ooey, gooey wonderful sweet rolls... Just the way we like 'em! The Test Kitchen
1 1/2 tspsalt
3/4 cwater, warm
3 pkgactive dry yeast (fleishmann's)
6 call purpose flour ( more for dusting)
1 boxpowdered sugar
1 stickmargarine, softened
dash(es)milk (to make good spreading consistency)
1/2 csugar cinnamon mixture
How to Make Sweet Rolls from Camarillo, CA
- Scald milk, stir in sugar, salt, and margarine.
Cool to lukewarm.
- In large warm bowl add yeast to warm water.
Stir until dissolved.
- Stir lukewarm milk mixture into yeast. Add beaten eggs and 1 cup flour. Beat until smooth.
- Add remaining 5 cups flour to make soft dough. Turn onto lightly floured board, knead until smooth and elastic (about 8 minutes)
- Roll into a long log, cut in middle, and plan to get 8 rolls out of each half.
- Pat out each half on floured board to 1/2 inch.
Spread with soft margarine, sprinkle liberally with cinnamon sugar mixture. Get 8 rolls from each half.
- Place in greased pans. Let rise 30 minutes.
Bake @ 375 for 10 minutes or until brown.
- Freeze without frosting, covered with foil.
Heat as needed and then frost them.
- For FROSTING: cream sugar and margarine and add just enough water to make a good spreading consistency.
- Makes 4 or 5 pans depending on the rise from the yeast.