Sweet Potato CupCakes
- 1 pack
- duncam hines frosting creations( caromel flavor)
- 1 can(s)
- duncan hines frosting creations starter
- 1 box
- duncan hines yellow cake mix
- 1/3 c
- vegetable oil
- 3/4 c
- 1/2 c
- orange juice
- 15 oz
- can sweet potato in light syrup
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- grated orange zest
How to Make Sweet Potato CupCakes
- 11.Preheat oven to 350 degree.
Line cupcake baking pan with paper cupcake paper.
2.Drain sweet potatoes and slighty rinse with water to get rid of extra sugar.
Mash sweet potatoes in a bowl and add cinnamon and orange zest. Add 1 tablespoon butter.
Beat for 1-2 minutes on medium speed with a mixer
- 23.Prepare Duncan Hines cake mix as directed mixing the water with the orange juice (i used fresh sqeezed orange juice since i need the orange zest). Add the sweet potato mixture into the prepared batter and fold.
- 34. Fill each cup ¾ of the way to the top.
5.Bake as directed on cake mix box.
Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting
Pour pack of Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Caramel Flavor Mix into can of Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Frosting Starter.
Stir until evenly blended.
Frost cupcakes using a spatula or with a piping bag.