Surprise Inside Cupcakes
I got the original recipe from a cooking site. It was posted by a cook named Hernie. The photo is my own.
1 1/8 call purpose flour
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
1/3 cbutter - softened
1/2 cbrown sugar
1/4 cwhite sugar
1/2 cmilk - any kind - i used 1%
1/2 tsppure vanilla extract
·hershey's chocolate kisses
·vanilla frosting - or any flavor you like
How to Make Surprise Inside Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tin with cupcake papers. You will need about 8 or 9...fill the empty ones half way with water so that the pan doesn't burn.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the both sugars with the butter. Then beat in the egg and vanilla extract. Then beat in the flour mixture, alternating with the milk. Mix til just incorporated.
- Fill muffin cups 1/3 full. Then place a chocolate kiss in the center. Top with more batter til 2/3 full.
- Bake on center rack for 18 - 20 minutes or til center of cupcake springs back when lightly touched.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before frosting.
- NOTE - This recipe only makes about 8-10 cupcakes, but you can double all the ingredients to make more. I've done that with no problems at all!