Surprise Chocolate-Tomato-Sour Cream Cake
I have to think the cake is a bit healthier without the oil & such added, and the powdered sugar found in most frostings!
- 1 pkg
- dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 c
- tomato sauce (preferred) or puree
- 1 c
- sour cream, lite
- 1/4 tsp
- cayenne pepper-optional
- 12 oz
- semi sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Surprise Chocolate-Tomato-Sour Cream Cake
- 1In a medium bowl add the cake mix, tomato sauce/puree and the sour cream (and optional cayenne pepper if you like a little kick). Beat with a hand mixer on medium high for 2 minutes
- 2Grease & flour a 9" x 13" cake pan. Pour in the batter & bake as per the box instructions. (usually @ 350° for about 30 to 40 minutes til done.
- 3As soon as cake is removed from the oven sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the top. Wait about 2 minutes for the chips to melt and use an offset spatula to smooth out into an even layer. Let cool completely before serving.