With so many frostings to choose from there can be a different surprise filling in every chocolate cake. Imagination is endless!
Some frostings I have used between the layers are:
Coconut Pecan Frosting
All of these flavors are really good and go great with a chocolate cake. Again this is a recipe you can play around with and have fun!
**This recipe makes my 100th recipe posted in JAP**
How to Make Surprise Cake
- Mix and bake cake according to directions on cake box. Bake in 2-layer pans.
- Remove cake layers from pan and cool.
- Place one layer on your plate and frost the top only with frosting of your choice. This will be your surprise filling. (I use the whole can and sometimes part of another can)
- Top with other layer of cake. You may want to add a few toothpicks to hold cake together....it sure won't hurt....LOL (my dad use to tell us kids if we found a toothpick in our cake that is who washed the dishes....well you guessed it....we never wanted to find a toothpick in our cake....LOL)
- Frost the whole cake with milk chocolate frosting. (again I sometimes use part of another can....I believe you can never have too much frosting on a cake)