Super Moist Chocolate Cake
This cake is my personal favorite in part because I don't like frosting but you can frost it with your favorite frosting or add a dollop of whipped cream to the top which is perfect for this sort of chocolate cake. Enjoy!
CHOCOLATE CAKE INGREDIENTS
2 1/2 call purpose flour
1 1/2 csugar
1/2 ccocoa powder
2 tspbaking soda
2/3 cvegetable oil
2 Tbspcider vinegar
2 ccold coffee or water
How to Make Super Moist Chocolate Cake
- Stir together flour, 1 1/2 cups sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add to dry mixture oil, vinegar, vanilla and coffee. Water can be substituted for coffee but the coffee enhances the cocoa flavor.
- Stir until well mixed. Spread evenly in an ungreased 12x8 inch baking pan.
- Combine 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle half over batter. The sugar/cinnamon mixture forms a thin crusty layer over top of cake. If you prefer to frost the cake with your favorite frosting omit the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 min. Sprinkle remaining sugar/cinnamon mixture over hot cake.
- Cool 15 to 20 minutes before cutting. Add a dollop of whipped topping to each piece before serving. Seal tightly in plastic wrap any remaining cake (can last for several days if left out or can be refrigerated if not eaten within a few days).