Super Easy Spumoni Cake
1 boxcherry chip cake mix (ingredients used in cake mix)
1 boxwhite cake mix (ingredients used in cake mix)
2 boxinstant pistachio pudding (may use sugar free)
1 1/2 cmilk
8 ozmaraschino cherries, chopped
1 cpistachio nuts, chopped
1 tspcontainer cool whip chocolate frosting or other chocolate frosting
·**may use egg whites instead of whole eggs and nonfat yogurt instead of oil
How to Make Super Easy Spumoni Cake
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 9inch cake pans with cooking spray. Mix cherry cake mix and ingredients called on back of box. Add 3/4 cup chopped pistachio nuts. Bake cake according to directions on box.
- Once cherry cake is done cool on wire rack. Next, spray two 9inch cake pans. Take one box of instant pistachio pudding and combine it with white cake mix and ingredients called for it on back of box. Mix in the maraschino cherries. Bake cake according to directions on box. Once cook let it cool on wire rack.
- While cake is in oven, mix 1 1/2 cups milk with other box of instant pistachio pudding. Set in fridge to firm up.
- Once all of the cakes are cooled, take a layer of each cake and use a serated knife to split the two layers in half. Take 3/4 cup of pistachio pudding and layer it between the two pistachio cake layers. Frost middle layer of cake. Take a cherry cake and place it on top of frosting. Use remaining 3/4 cup pudding for the cherry cake layer.
- Once cakes are in place frost entire cake with remaining frosting. Sprinkle 1/4 cup remaining pistachio nuts on top of cake. May also save some maraschino cherries for decoration as well. Take remaining cherry and pistachio cake layers and freeze for later use. ENJOY!