Sunshine Layer Cake
1box of yellow cake mix
1small box of instant lemon pudding
1/2 ccold water
1/2 cvegetable oil
1/2 clight rum
1/2 cbutter flavor shortening
1/2 cunsalted butter
1 tsporange extract
4 cconfectioner's sugar (sifted)
2 Tbspevaporated milk
3 Tbsplight corn syrup
1thin sliced orange/lemon (garnish)
How to Make Sunshine Layer Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease & flour 2 8" cake pans.
- Mix together: cake mix, pudding, eggs, water, oil and rum.
- Pour batter into pans and bake for 55 - 60 minutes.
- On medium speed, cream shortening, butter and sugar together.
- Add orange extract.
- Gradually add sugar, 1/2 cup at a time until all the sugar has been incorporated.
- Slowly begin to add milk and corn syrup.
- On high speed, beat until fluffy.
- Refrigerate frosting until cakes have cooled, crumbs have been dusted off and the cake is ready to frost.
- Garnish cake with thin slices of oranges/lemons!