Sunshine Cheesecake Bars
- 1-1/4 c
- 1-1/4 c
- finely chopped pecans
- 1 stick
- 1 pkg
- cook top lemon pudding mix - *see note*
- 1 pkg
- instant lemon pudding mix
- 8 oz
- cream cheese
- container cool whip
- 2-1/4 c
- confectioners' sugar
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
How to Make Sunshine Cheesecake Bars
- 1Preheat oven to 350F
In a springform pan or square pan of choice, spray with non cooking spray and set aside.
- 2In a bowl add your flour and finely chopped pecans. Melt your margarine/butter and add to the flour mixture. Mix thoroughly, the mixture will now be moist and crumbly. Press mixture onto the bottom only of your pan of choice.
Bake for 12-15 minutes or till lightly golden. Remove from oven, set aside to cool.
- 3Meanwhile, cook your stove top lemon pudding mix following the instructions on the package. Take off heat and let cool.
Prepare the instant lemmon pudding mix in a separate bowl following the instructions on the package as well. Set aside.
- 4In a 3rd bowl, add the cream cheese and powdered sugar, incorporate thoroughly. Add the vanilla, and finally fold in the cool whip topping. Set aside.
- 5Once the base has cooled along with the stove top pudding mix. It's now time to layer.
To your base add:
1) Cream cheese mixture, spreading the mixture evenly to the sides of your pan
2) Instant lemon pudding mix
3) Cooked pudding mix
Cover loosely with foil, place in refridgerator and let chill 2-3 hours.
- 6**Note** I end up using only about half of the cooked lemon pudding mix. Even though it has such a pretty color to our family it's quite tart! If you love the flavor, please add all of it as well.