Sundrop Lemon Cupcakes
These are so fresh tasting and yummy--they are a hit every time I make them!
This is Amanda's blogspot. She is very creative, inspiring, and passionate about her work!
- 1 box
- 1emon cake mix
- 1 c
- sundrop soda (or mountain dew or similar soda)
- 1 Tbsp
- freshly grated lemon zest (optional)
- 1 small
- box lemon instant pudding
- 1 tsp
- lemon extract
- 1/2 c
- vegetable oil
How to Make Sundrop Lemon Cupcakes
- 1Pour your Sundrop out of the can/bottle ahead of time into a bowl or cup so it can lose some of its "fizz" before you add it to your cake mix.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Place cupcake papers in your cupcake pans.
- 2Pour the cake mix into your mixer bowl.
Add the lemon pudding (in powder form) to the mixture.
Add the lemon extract and oil.
Mix on medium speed for about two minutes until it is well blended.
Add your lemon zest, if you wish, with a spatula.
- 3Fill cupcake papers about 2/3 full.
Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes until a toothpic inserted into the middle of a cupcake comes out clean.
- 4When they are cool, you can frost them with this tasty frosting:
Lemon Buttercream Frosting:
1 lb of unsalted butter
1-2 tbl of heavy whipping cream
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1-2 tsp lemon extract
2 tsp freshly grated lemon zest (optional)
3-4 cups powdered sugar
Cut butter into small squares into a large bowl and blend with mixer until fluffy. Add whipping cream, vanilla, and lemon extract to butter. Once ingredients are incorporated, turn mixer down to low and gradually add powdered sugar until frosting reaches desired consistency (the more powered sugar you add, the thicker the texture of frosting). Then add your lemon zest by hand, if you choose to use it.