Summer Peach Cake
2 1/4 cflour
1 1/3 cplus 2 tbsp sugar, divided
3 tspbaking powder
1/2 cvegetable shortening
2eggs, i would use large
5unpeeled peaches, sliced 3/4 inch thick
How to Make Summer Peach Cake
- Preheat oven to 350* Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- Combine flour, 1 1/3 cups sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add shortening, eggs, milk and vanilla, and mix to make thick batter.
- Spoon into prepared tube pan.
- Arrange peach slices on top of batter in neat rows
- Blend remaining 2 TBSP. sugar with the cinnamon; sprinkle this mixture over peach slices.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Serves 8 to 10.