Summer Jell-o Cake
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 boxwhite cake mix
1 boxstrawberry jell-o
1container cool whip
1 boxfrozen strawberry glaze
1 boxfresh strawberries
How to Make Summer Jell-o Cake
- You will need the following}
9 x 13 in. cake pan
foil - measuring cup
mixer - wooden spoon
straw - paring knife
- I use which ever cake mixes are on sale. Make up cake as directed on box. Bake.
- Just before time to take out the cake, in a small bowl(larger than a cereal bowl, mix up jell-o adding the hot water only. Stir to mix.
- When cake comes out, let cool slightly, then with straw poke holes all over the cake, but not close together.
- pour jell-o liquid over top of cake.
Cover with foil tightly.
- Then place cake in refrigerater for 1 hour.
- While waiting, with knife cut out the green stems from the fresh strawberries. Rince and let drain.
Then cut the strawberries in hafes.
Set out cool whip to start to thaw.
- When cake comes out of the frig., Add glaze to the top of the cake. Then add the cool whip and spread on with wooden spoon just as you would a frosting.
Last add the fresh strawberries to the top and your dessert cake is ready~
- We have made this with other flavors of jello, so try some new onces. Be creative. Oh yeah, when we are making the strawberry, we sometimes find the strawberry cool whip, this adds a tasty flare and looks pretty, too! For the 4th July, decorate as a flag, strawberries as the red stripes and blueberries for the square of stars.