Summer Fruit Shortcake1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 cfresh fruit, mixed
1 Tbsplemon juice
1 cstrawberry puree
1 cwhipping cream, whipped
1lemon, rind and juice only
2 call purpose flour
4 tspbaking powder
How to Make Summer Fruit Shortcake
- In bowl, sprinkle fruit with 2 tablespoons of the sugar and lemon juice; toss to mix well and set aside.
- LEMON BISCUITS In measuring cup, add enough milk to lemon juice to make 2/3 cup; stir and set aside for 15 minutes to sour.
- In bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and lemon rind; using pastry blender or two knives, cut in shortening and butter until well mixed.
- With fork, blend in soured milk to make soft dough - Don't overmix.
- Turn out dough onto lightly floured surface; knead 6-8 times.
- Roll out or pat dough to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Using floured 3 inch round cutter, cut out 6 biscuits; sprinkle lightly with more sugar.
- Bake on greased baking sheet in 425 oven for 12-15 minutes or until tops are browned.
- Let cool until warm; cut in half horizontally.
- Spoon fruit mixture onto bottom halves of biscuits, reserving some fruit for garnish.
- Stir strawberry puree with remaining sugar; spoon over fruit mixture.
- Top with dollop of whipped cream, then biscuit tops - Garnish with more cream and remaining fruit.