Strawberry Tunnel Cream Cake
1(10-inch) prepared round angel food cake
3 ozpackages cream cheese, softened
1(14ounce) can eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
1/3 clemon juice
1 tspvanilla or almond extract
2 to 4 dash(es)red food coloring drops
1 ccup chopped fresh strawberries
1(12 ounce) container frozen non- dairy whipped topping, thawed
How to Make Strawberry Tunnel Cream Cake
- Invert cake on serving platter. Cut 1-inch slice crosswise from top of cake; set aside. With sharp knife, cut around cake 1 inch from center hole and 1 inch from outer edge, leaving cake walls 1-inch thick.
- Remove cake from center, leaving 1-inch thick base on bottom of cake. Tear cake removed from center into bite-size d pieces; reserve.
- In large mixture bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Stir in lemon juice, extract, and food coloring.
- Stir in reserved torn cake pieces and chopped strawberries. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Fill cake cavity with strawberry mixture; replace top slice cake.
- Frost with remaining whipped topping. Chill 3 to 4 hours
- Garnish with strawberries if desired. Return leftovers to refrigerator or freeze.