Strawberry Tunnel Cream Cake
- (10-inch) prepared round angel food cake
- 3 oz
- packages cream cheese, softened
- (14ounce) can eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 c
- lemon juice
- 1 tsp
- vanilla or almond extract
- 2 to 4 dash(es)
- red food coloring drops
- 1 c
- cup chopped fresh strawberries
- (12 ounce) container frozen non- dairy whipped topping, thawed
How to Make Strawberry Tunnel Cream Cake
- 1Invert cake on serving platter. Cut 1-inch slice crosswise from top of cake; set aside. With sharp knife, cut around cake 1 inch from center hole and 1 inch from outer edge, leaving cake walls 1-inch thick.
- 2Remove cake from center, leaving 1-inch thick base on bottom of cake. Tear cake removed from center into bite-size d pieces; reserve.
- 3In large mixture bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Stir in lemon juice, extract, and food coloring.
- 4Stir in reserved torn cake pieces and chopped strawberries. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Fill cake cavity with strawberry mixture; replace top slice cake.
- 5Frost with remaining whipped topping. Chill 3 to 4 hours
- 6Garnish with strawberries if desired. Return leftovers to refrigerator or freeze.