11 ozcream cheese, softened
2 tspvanilla extract
1 ptwhipping cream
2 (12) ozpackages ladyfinger cookies
1 (16) ozfrozen strawberries
1 ptfresh whole strawberries, hulled & cut in half
How to Make Strawberry Torte
- Strain strawberries and set aside, reserving juices. In a saucepan bring cornstarch and strawberry juice to a gentle boil. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Whip cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla together.
- In a separate bowl beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
- Arrange ladyfingers around sides and bottom of the 8 or 9 inch springform pan, standing ladyfingers lengthwise around sides of pan. Pour 1/2 of the filling into the pan, then place a layer of ladyfingers on top of filling. Pour remaining filling over ladyfingers.
- Spread strawberry sauce over top of cake and place the whole strawberries on top. Refrigerate and remove from pan once thoroughly chilled.