No Jello Strawberry Supreme Poke Cake, Millie's
Now, usually that means opening a box of cake mix and Jello, but not now. I'm trying to make most of our food from scratch. Time to get creative !
This cake is called a "poke cake" because you poke holes into it and pour a sauce over it. Usually done with Jello, this one uses a fruit sauce. YUM !!!
- 1 qt
- fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1/2 c
- agave nectar or corn syrup
- 3 c
- cake flour, sifted
- 2 c
- 3 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 c
- 3/4 c
- coconut oil, melted on very low heat
- 4 large
- 2 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
How to Make No Jello Strawberry Supreme Poke Cake, Millie's
- 2* Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 6Into a large bowl sift flour, sugar and baking powder. Add salt and mix well with a spoon or whisk to blend.
- 13**** For an easy cream cheese glaze, use soften cream cheese (2 pks.) , mixed till smooth then add 1 tsp. of vanilla and 2 tbsp. lemon juice and a dash of salt. Mix well then add in 1 box of powdered sugar a little at a time, mixing on low. Add enough agave nectar or corn syrup to thin into a glaze.