STRAWBERRY SPONGE CAKE ROLL
How to Make STRAWBERRY SPONGE CAKE ROLL
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 15 by 10 by 1 inch pan with foil or parchment paper grease.
- 2Mix flour, baking powder, and salt thoroughly.
- 3Beat eggs about 5 minutes until thick and lemon colored and heavy peaks cling to lifted beater.
- 4Beat in sugar 1 tablespoon at a time. Slow blend in water and vanilla.
- 5Gently blend in dry ingredients only until batter is smooth.
- 6Pour into pan bake 12 to 15 minutes just until center is lightly firm when touched.
- 7Place a sheet of foil or waxed paper on a rack sprinkle with about 3/4 of the powdered sugar. Turn cake out onto foil or wax paper.
- 8Peel foil or paper from cake and quickly trim away any crusty edges. Cool on rack.
- 9Spread cake with strawberry jelly or jam and well drained sliced strawberries. Starting narrow edge roll cake. Place seem down and add remaining powdered sugar over top.
- 10NOTE: I added a little whipped cream to hold the strawberries when I rolled it