STRAWBERRY SPONGE CAKE ROLL
1 cless 2 tablespoons all pourpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
1/4 cpowdered sugar
How to Make STRAWBERRY SPONGE CAKE ROLL
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 15 by 10 by 1 inch pan with foil or parchment paper grease.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt thoroughly.
- Beat eggs about 5 minutes until thick and lemon colored and heavy peaks cling to lifted beater.
- Beat in sugar 1 tablespoon at a time. Slow blend in water and vanilla.
- Gently blend in dry ingredients only until batter is smooth.
- Pour into pan bake 12 to 15 minutes just until center is lightly firm when touched.
- Place a sheet of foil or waxed paper on a rack sprinkle with about 3/4 of the powdered sugar. Turn cake out onto foil or wax paper.
- Peel foil or paper from cake and quickly trim away any crusty edges. Cool on rack.
- Spread cake with strawberry jelly or jam and well drained sliced strawberries. Starting narrow edge roll cake. Place seem down and add remaining powdered sugar over top.
- NOTE: I added a little whipped cream to hold the strawberries when I rolled it