Strawberry Shortcake w/Whipped Cream Cheese Frosti
The cake is so light and fluffy, after testing out so many different recipes over the years, got just the right combination to make a really AMAZING yellow
cake from scratch! (You can use box mix if your in a rush)
Original recipe can be found at: myincrediblerecipes.com/fresh-strawb...
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
FOR THE YELLOW CAKE (3 LAYER)
2 1/4 call-purpose flour
1 1/3 Tbspvanilla extract
1 1/2 csugar
3 1/2 tspbaking powder
1 1/4 cmilk
1/2 cvegetable oil
1 stickbutter (not margarine), softened
1 pkgfresh strawberries
1/4 cpowdered sugar- set aside
FOR THE WHIPPED CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
1 pkg8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
2 cheavy cream
1/2 cwhite sugar
1 1/2 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Strawberry Shortcake w/Whipped Cream Cheese Frosti
- First you need to preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray THREE 9 x 1 1/2-inch round pans with cooking spray or grease with butter.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder & the salt until well combined.
- Add the milk, vegetable oil, butter & the vanilla to the flour mixture and Mix VERY well
- (Recommend using an electric mixer), but you can do it by hand, just be sure its completely mixed.
- Finally, add in the eggs & continue mixing until well combined
- Pour batter into your greased pans and bake at 350F for 17 to 22 minutes OR until a tooth pick comes out clean when inserted.
- Be sure to cool the cakes completely prior to frosting or adding the strawberries.
- Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting Instructions
Combine the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract in a large bowl or into a stand mixer bowl
- If using a stand mixer, use the whisk attachment and mix on Med till creamy.
- While the mixture is still whipping, slowly pour in heavy cream.
- Remember to scrape the bottom of the bowl a few times in between mixing.
- Continue mixing until slightly sturdy texture.
- Frost the cooled cakes (I left the sides exposed because it gives it a nice look)
- One by one frost the top of the cakes and spoon the strawberry mixture on top of the frosting of each layer until you reach the top where the last 1/4 of the strawberries can either be chopped up and sprinkled on top of slice them and place them on top.
- Lastly, Enjoy!