11 ozyellow or pound cake (crumbled)
2/3 cchopped fresh or defrosted frozed strawberries
·zest of one orange
·red food coloring
3 cwhite chocolate chips
·sprinkles or dried strawberries to garnish
How to Make Strawberry Shortcake Cake Truffles
- Place 1 cup of the white chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl or if you prefer to melt them over the stove use a double boiler and melt it until its smooth. set aside to cool slightly.
- Blend the berries and the zest in a food processor or mixer until its a smooth puree.
- Place the crumbled cake into a large bowl. Pour the puree on top and stir until the mixture forms a smooth paste. Add the melted chocolate chips and stir until smooth. Stir in a couple drops of red food coloring until you get the color that you want.
- Cover the candy mixture with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for an hour or so until it firms up.
- After the mixture has firmed up in the fridge use a small scoop to scoop out small balls of the mixture and roll them up neatly. Place them on a cookie sheet that's been lined with wax paper. Put the cookie sheet in the freezer for an hour after you roll the cake mixture into balls so they can further firm up enough so they can be dipped without falling apart.
- Once the cake balls are firm enough to dip, melt the other 2 cups of white chocolate chips down with the paraffin and return it to the baking pan after its been dipped to cool off and set. The chocolate will set almost instantly so if you're going to decorate them do it FAST! Keep refrigerated until ready to serve them.