How to Make Strawberry Sauce
- Carefully wash the strawberries, then drain and dry carefully. Using a pairing knife, carefully remove the stems and small green leaves.
- Then puree the strawberries with water, minus one tbsp, as well as the sugar, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Once pureed, transfer to a small saucepan and add butter and the starch or flour diluted in 1 tbsp water. Place the saucepan over low heat and stir with a wooden spoon. Allow the sauce to thicken as you continue to stir, making sure that lumps do not form.
- After ten minutes, once the sauce has a smooth, uniform consistency, remove the saucepan from the heat and let cool. Then place the sauce in the refrigerator and chill for a couple of hours.
- Serve the strawberry sauce paired with icecream or pudding.