Strawberry Ooey Gooey Cake
- 1 box
- strawberry cake mix
- 2 stick
- real butter, melted, seperate
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 box
- (16 oz) powdered sugar
- 3/4 c
- fresh, chopped strawberries (make sure they aren't wet from washing them)
- 1 pkg
- (8 oz) cream cheese, room temperature
How to Make Strawberry Ooey Gooey Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine the cake mix, 1 egg, and 1 stick melted butter and mix well with an electric mixer. Pat the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 13 by 9-inch baking pan.
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the 2 eggs, vanilla, and the other stick of melted butter and beat together.
Next, add the powdered sugar and mix well. Fold in strawberries. Spread over cake batter and bake for 45 to 60 minutes. Make sure not to over bake as the center should be a little gooey.
- 2You can try this with PEACHES too!! I just get peaches in the can. Just make sure that you drain them really well and dice them. I usually add about 1 cup to the mixture. But you could proably add 1 1/2 cups.