STRAWBERRY MOCHI CUPCAKES
Jo Anne Sugimoto
1/2 cbutter, softened
1 clight brown sugar, lightly
2 largeeggs, slightly beaten
1 cmochiko (japanese rice flour)
1 Tbspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
1/2 tspkosher salt
1/2 csour cream
2 tspvanilla extract
116 oz. frozen strawberries, thawed to room temperature
USE YOUR CHOICE OF YOUR FAVORITE FROSTING OR ICING.
How to Make STRAWBERRY MOCHI CUPCAKES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep cupcake tin with foil liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and light brown sugar. Add eggs one at a time and beat after adding each egg, beat until light and fluffy. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together, mochiko, flour, baking powder, baking soda and kosher salt.
- Combine the flour mixture in 3 increments to the butter/sugar mixture, mix well, do not over mix.
- Fold in sour cream, then add the vanilla extract.
- Be sure that the strawberries are thawed out to room temperature. You do not have to do anything to it because it is already sweetened with sugar. Mix the strawberries into the batter.
- Pour the strawberry batter into the cupcake tin to 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Do a toothpick test, if it comes out clean, it's done.
- Remove the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
- Frost or pipe with your favorite topping.