STRAWBERRY MOCHI CUPCAKES
Jo Anne Sugimoto
- 1/2 c
- butter, softened
- 1 c
- light brown sugar, lightly
- 2 large
- eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 c
- mochiko (japanese rice flour)
- 3/4 c
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/2 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 16 oz. frozen strawberries, thawed to room temperature
USE YOUR CHOICE OF YOUR FAVORITE FROSTING OR ICING.
How to Make STRAWBERRY MOCHI CUPCAKES
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep cupcake tin with foil liners.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and light brown sugar. Add eggs one at a time and beat after adding each egg, beat until light and fluffy. Set aside.
- 3In a medium bowl, sift together, mochiko, flour, baking powder, baking soda and kosher salt.
- 4Combine the flour mixture in 3 increments to the butter/sugar mixture, mix well, do not over mix.
- 5Fold in sour cream, then add the vanilla extract.
- 6Be sure that the strawberries are thawed out to room temperature. You do not have to do anything to it because it is already sweetened with sugar. Mix the strawberries into the batter.
- 7Pour the strawberry batter into the cupcake tin to 3/4 full.
- 8Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Do a toothpick test, if it comes out clean, it's done.
- 9Remove the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
- 10Frost or pipe with your favorite topping.