(Strawberry, maybe) Swirl Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 c
- butter, softened (3 sticks)
- 3 c
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 6 large
- 3 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- almond extract
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2/3 c
- glaze (optional) (strawberry, apricot, peach or your favorite
- 6" wooden skewer (or ice pick with sharp narrow point)
How to Make (Strawberry, maybe) Swirl Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat butter at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy.
- 2Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- 3Add cream cheese, beating until creamy
- 4Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition
- 5Gradually add flour to butter mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition, stopping to scrape the bowel as needed.
- 6Stir in almond and vanilla extracts.
- 7Pour one-third of batter into a greased and floured 10-inch (14 cup) tube pan
- 8IF USING GLAZE....Dollop 8 rounded (not full) teaspoons glaze ocer batter, and swirl with wooden skewer. Repeat procedure once, and top with remaining third of bater.
- 9Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a long wooden pick comes out clean.
- 10Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completly (about 1 hour)
- 11NOte: This was tested using Marzetti Glaze for Strawberries.