(Strawberry, maybe) Swirl Cream Cheese Pound Cake
1 1/2 cbutter, softened (3 sticks)
8 ozcream cheese, softened
3 call purpose flour
1 tspalmond extract
1/2 tspvanilla extract
2/3 cglaze (optional) (strawberry, apricot, peach or your favorite
16" wooden skewer (or ice pick with sharp narrow point)
How to Make (Strawberry, maybe) Swirl Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat butter at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add cream cheese, beating until creamy
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition
- Gradually add flour to butter mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition, stopping to scrape the bowel as needed.
- Stir in almond and vanilla extracts.
- Pour one-third of batter into a greased and floured 10-inch (14 cup) tube pan
- IF USING GLAZE....Dollop 8 rounded (not full) teaspoons glaze ocer batter, and swirl with wooden skewer. Repeat procedure once, and top with remaining third of bater.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a long wooden pick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completly (about 1 hour)
- NOte: This was tested using Marzetti Glaze for Strawberries.