Strawberry Margarita Cupcake
To make the frosting boozy, substitute 1 tablespoon tequila for 1 tablespoon of margarita mix.
If you don’t have a decorating bag and tip, spoon frosting into a large re-sealable food-storage plastic bag and cut off a corner of the bag to pipe frosting onto cupcakes.
- 1 box
- betty crockers super moist white cake mix
- 1 bottle
- cup bottled strawberry margarita or daiquiri mix
- 1/3 c
- coconut oil melted
- 1/4 c
- 3 large
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- butter, softened
- 4 c
- powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp
- bottled strawberry margarita or daiquiri mix
- 12 slice
- lime, each cut in half
How to Make Strawberry Margarita Cupcake
- 2In large bowl, beat all cupcake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter among muffin cups.
- 4In large bowl, beat shortening and butter with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating until combined. Add 1 tablespoon of the margarita mix; beat until blended. Add enough of the remaining 1 to 2 tablespoons margarita mix, 1 teaspoon at a time, beating until frosting is light and fluffy.