How to Make Strawberry Jello Shortcake Poke Cake
- Mix strawberry cake mix acccording to box directions bake at 350 degrees.
- While cake is bakinbg wash and slice fresh strawberries and cut in fours (once in half and then straight across) place strawberries in a medium size bowl.
- Add one cup of sugar and 1 1/2 cups of water and set strawberries in the fridge for aboout 30 minuets.
- Mix strawberry jello according to directions on the box.
- Remove cake from oven while cake is hot poke holes throughout the top of cake and pour the jello mixture all over the top of cake.
- Set cake in the refridgerator for one hour or until the jello completely sets in the cake.
- Spread cool whip over cake and top with the strawberries. Serve and enjoy! Refridgerate remaining cake.