Strawberry jello poke cake with Cool Whip topping
Note: You can use any flavor jello... if you make this as a layer cake you can use a different flavor jello for each layer... your choice.
- 1 box cake mix (yellow or white mix)
- 1 box of strawberry jello (regular or sugar free) using 1/2 cup less water
- 1 - 8oz thawed container cool whip topping
How to Make Strawberry jello poke cake with Cool Whip topping
- 1Bake cake mix according to box directions. Set cake aside to cool well.
Prepare jello according to box directions using 1/2 cup "less" cold water... cool in refrigerator until jello is barely tacky (do not let it set up). Using a wooden skewer poke approx 40 holes throughout entire cake ... with a tablespoon pour into holes the jello water ... some will run over but that is ok. Cover cake with saran wrap, refrigerate until cool and jello is set up. Frost cake with Cool whip topping . Serve and Enjoy.
- 2Note: keep leftover cake refrigerated
Suggestion: You can use any flavor jello ... if making a layer cake, you can use a different flavor jello for each layer.