Strawberry Dream Cake
- strawberry cake mix (duncan hines)
- 1 c
- whole milk
- 1/2 c
- canola oil
- 1 small
- box of strawberry jello
- 1 small
- box of white chocolate jello pudding
- 4 large
- 1 medium
- coontainer of coolwhip
- 1 pt
- chopped strawberries, covered with 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 2 pkg
- frozen coconut
- 1 1/2 c
- 1/2 pt
- whole strawberries to use on top of cake
How to Make Strawberry Dream Cake
- 1Mix strawberries with 1/4 cup of sugar and let them set and juice up while putting cake mix together.
- 2Preheat oven to 325 if using dark coated cake pans or 350 if using shiny cake pans.
- 3Coat three 8 or 9 inch pans with shortening and shake with flour. Set aside
- 4In a large mixing bowl, add the cake mix, Strawberry Jello and the Canola Oil.
Add the milk, jello pudding mix and four large eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 5Divide batter evenly among the three pans. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let set a few minutes before removing from pans.
- 6Remove from pans and let cool completely on wire cake racks.
- 7Drain the strawberries in a colander making sure no juice remains. This could make your icing too runny. Add one cup of the Cool Whip to the strawberries, along with the cup of sour cream, frozen coconut and 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar. This goes in between the two layers. You should have a bit left. Add the rest of the Cool Whip to this and frost the top and sides.
- 8Decorate the top with Whole Strawberries, plain or dipped in white chocolate.