Strawberry Dream Cake
1strawberry cake mix (duncan hines)
1 cwhole milk
1/2 ccanola oil
1 smallbox of strawberry jello
1 smallbox of white chocolate jello pudding
1 mediumcoontainer of coolwhip
1 ptchopped strawberries, covered with 1/4 cup of sugar
1 csour cream
2 pkgfrozen coconut
1 1/2 csugar
1/2 ptwhole strawberries to use on top of cake
How to Make Strawberry Dream Cake
- Mix strawberries with 1/4 cup of sugar and let them set and juice up while putting cake mix together.
- Preheat oven to 325 if using dark coated cake pans or 350 if using shiny cake pans.
- Coat three 8 or 9 inch pans with shortening and shake with flour. Set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cake mix, Strawberry Jello and the Canola Oil.
Add the milk, jello pudding mix and four large eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Divide batter evenly among the three pans. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let set a few minutes before removing from pans.
- Remove from pans and let cool completely on wire cake racks.
- Drain the strawberries in a colander making sure no juice remains. This could make your icing too runny. Add one cup of the Cool Whip to the strawberries, along with the cup of sour cream, frozen coconut and 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar. This goes in between the two layers. You should have a bit left. Add the rest of the Cool Whip to this and frost the top and sides.
- Decorate the top with Whole Strawberries, plain or dipped in white chocolate.