Strawberry Cheesecake Torte
1 pkg16oz pound cake mix (plus ingredients to make the cake)
1 pkg3oz strawberry jello
1/4 cstrawberry jam, seedless
1 pkg8oz cream cheese, softened
1/3 ccold milk
1 pkg12oz cool whip, thawed
1 pkg3.4oz cheesecake instant pudding and pie filling
1kiwi, peeled, sliced and halved
1 cstrawberris, hulled and sliced
How to Make Strawberry Cheesecake Torte
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. (I have a Pampered Chef Stoneware Bar Pan I use) Prepare cake mmix according to package directions; pour onto cookie sheet and spread evely. Bake 15-18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Lift cake onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
- In a small microwave safe bowl microwave water on high 1-2 minutes or until boiling. Add jello and stir until dissolved. Add jam and whisk until smooth.
- Turn cake over and remove the parchment paper. Prick the cake all over with a fork (like you would a potatoe to bake it). Brush cake evenly with all but 2tbsp of jello mixture. Trim 1/4 inch around the edge of the cake (this isn't used for anything so I normally snack on it)Now cut cake crosswise into 3 equal pieces.
- Zest the lemon and set zest aside. Juice the lemon to measure 2tbsps of juice. In a mixing bowl combine softened cream cheese and lemon juice. Whisk until smooth. Add milk and whisk again.
- Spoon cool whip over cream cheese mixture but DO NOT MIX. Sprinkle with the pudding mix first then mix well. Mixture will be very thick.
- Place one cake piece on desired serving plate, dry side down,then spread cream cheese mixture over moist side. (I use a cake decorator for this part) Repeat with two remaining cake pieces making to border look nice.
- Slice kiwi; cut slices in half and arrange on top of cake. Place strawberries and reserved jello mixture in a small bowl and mix gently. (If jello mixture has set you can microwave it 5-10 seconds or until softened) Spoon strawberries over cake top and sprinkle with reserved lemon zest.
- I know it sounds like a lot of work but the end result is more then worth it.