One of my children's birthday is late in July,and we'd celebrate her birthday on the beach. Nothing left to pack up. Very cheap to make.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1jelly roll homemade or commercial
1 pkg( 3 ounces) strawberry flavored gelatin powder
1 chot water
1 cminiature marshmallows
10 ozstrawberries frozen ( and fresh for garnish )
·** fresh is easy to work with to make the outside pretty
1/4 clemon juice
2each egg whites
1 cheavy whipping cream ( whipped )
1 cpecans ( coarsely broken )
How to Make STRAWBERRY CHARLOTTE
- Cut jelly roll into 1/2-inch slices.
- Arrange slices over bottom and around sides of oiled 2 1/2-quart mixing bowl.
- Dissolve gelatin in hot water.
- Add marshmallows and partially defrosted strawberries,stirring until marshmallows dissolve.
- Add lemon juice and chill until partially congealed.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar.
- Fold into gelatin mixture. Blend in whipped cream and nuts.
- Pile mixture lightly into jelly roll-lined mold.
- Chill until firm. Unmold and garnish and serve.
- It's pretty - tasty - and is still remembered for forty