Strawberry Celebration Cake
1 tspvanilla extract
1 1/2 cgraham cracker crumbs
2 tspbaking powder
2 cwhipping cream
1/4 cconfectioners sugar
2 csliced sweetened fresh strawberries
24whole fresh strawberries
How to Make Strawberry Celebration Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- FOR CAKE:
Cream Butter, gradually add granulated sugar and beat until fluffy. Beat in Egg Yolks and Vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients. Add alternately with milk beginning and ending with dry ingredients; beat well after each addition.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Gently fold egg whites into cake mixture.
- Divide batter evenly between two buttered and floured 9 inch round cake pans.
- Bake until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks. To serve cut each layer in half horizontally.
- FOR FILLING:
Whip cream until soft peaks form; add Confectioner's sugar. Continue beating until stiff. Place one cut layer on serving plate.
- Spread 1 cup whipped cream and a third of the sliced strawberries over cut surface. Place another cake layer over filling. Repeat twice.
- For top of cake, spread with whipped cream as before. Arrange whole strawberries over top.
- Refrigerate up to 1 hour before serving.