Strawberry Celebration Cake
- 1/2 c
- 1 c
- eggs (separated)
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c
- graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 c
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 tsp
- 3/4 c
- 2 c
- whipping cream
- 1/4 c
- confectioners sugar
- 2 c
- sliced sweetened fresh strawberries
- whole fresh strawberries
How to Make Strawberry Celebration Cake
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2FOR CAKE:
Cream Butter, gradually add granulated sugar and beat until fluffy. Beat in Egg Yolks and Vanilla.
- 3Combine dry ingredients. Add alternately with milk beginning and ending with dry ingredients; beat well after each addition.
- 4Beat egg whites until stiff. Gently fold egg whites into cake mixture.
- 5Divide batter evenly between two buttered and floured 9 inch round cake pans.
- 6Bake until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks. To serve cut each layer in half horizontally.
- 7FOR FILLING:
Whip cream until soft peaks form; add Confectioner's sugar. Continue beating until stiff. Place one cut layer on serving plate.
- 8Spread 1 cup whipped cream and a third of the sliced strawberries over cut surface. Place another cake layer over filling. Repeat twice.
- 9For top of cake, spread with whipped cream as before. Arrange whole strawberries over top.
- 10Refrigerate up to 1 hour before serving.