Strawberry Cake for a Queen
Martha Ray Deen
1 pkgwhite cake mix
1 pkgstrawberry flavored gelatin (3oz)
1 cvegetable oil
4eggs, slightly beaten
3/4 cmashed strawberries
4 ozunsalted butter, softened
4 ozcream cheese, softened
2 cpowdered sugar
1 tsppure vanilla extract
How to Make Strawberry Cake for a Queen
- Combine cake mix and gelatin powder in a large bowl.
- Beat in oil, eggs, water, and strawberries.
- Pour into 2 9-inch round greased and floured cake pans.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting
- For the frosting, beat together the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer
- With the mixer on low speed, add the powdered sugar a cup at a time until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in the vanilla extract
- Frost bottom layer first with cream chese frosting. Cover bottom layer with fresh sliced strawberries then add top layer and frost all over.
- Cover top of cake with more sliced strawberries and keep cool until serving.
- I like to add silk flowers around the bottom of the cake to give it a "frilly" look. Get creative with your ideas & everyone will be happy!