- 10 oz
- frozen whole strawberries
- 3/4 c
- milk at room temperature
- 6 large
- egg whites at room temperature
- 2 tsp
- 2 1/4 c
- cake flour
- 1 3/4 c
- 4 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- 12 Tbsp
- butter cut into 12 pieces and softened
- 10 Tbsp
- butter softened
- 2 1/4 c
- powdered sugar
- 12 oz
- cream cheese cut into 12 pieces and softened
- 8 oz
- fresh stawberries sliced thin
- remaining strawberry puree
How to Make Strawberry cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two (9 inch) pans by greasing and flouring.
- 2Transfer strawberries to a bowl, microwave the berries till soft about 5 minutes. Press the berries through a mesh strainer anduntil all the juice has been extracted. Place the berry puree in a bowl and set aside for later. Bring the juice to a boil over medium heat and reduce to 1/4 cup about 6-8 minutes.
- 3Whisk milk into reduced strawberry juice. Whisk strawberry milk, egg whites and vanilla and set aside.
- 4With a paddle on mixer mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt on low till mixed. Add butter one piece at a time until it is pea sized.
- 5Add half the milk mixture on medium and beat till light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and add remaining milk for 30 seconds. Then fill pans. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes then remove from pans and let cool completely.
- 6FROSTING: With mixer mix butter and and sugar on low till combined. Increase speed and beat till pale and fluffy. Add cream cheese one piece at a time till incorporated about 1 minute. Add salt. Add reserved stawberry puree. Refrigerate till ready to use.
- 7To put cake together, place first layer on cake plate, spread with 3/4 cup frosting. Pat strawberry slices dry and place onto frosting and then top with second layer. Top with the remaining frosting and decorate with sliced straberries. Store in fridge.