If you have any leftover strawberries, you could add it to your frosting.
How to Make Strawberry Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2Give your strawberries a good rinse then gently dry them with a paper towel. Remove the stems and dice them up. Then stick them in a plastic ziplock bag and start crushing them up using a rolling pin or something heavy. This will probably take you a minute or two.
- 3In the bowl, combine cake mix with strawberry gelatin powder. Mix until combined. Then stir in oil, eggs and water. Once that is combined, add in 1 cup of the smashed strawberries. You will want to gently stir those in by hand.
- 4Then pour batter into prepared baking dish. Bake for about 30-33 minutes. Stick a toothpick in center to check if it's done. Allow cake to cool completely before adding frosting.
- 5To make frosting, mix together the softened butter and softened cream cheese.mix until smooth and creamy. Then add powdered sugar , vanilla extract and milk. Mix until creamy. Frost the cake and store in the frige.