Strawberry Bowl Cake
This recipe came from a co-worker many years ago. She was a young chick but an extremely good cook.
How to Make Strawberry Bowl Cake
- ~Thaw completely if using frozen strawberries.
~If using fresh strawberries be sure to chop them, add a little sugar and set aside before you start the cake. This will give the berries time to melt the sugar to make them juicy.
- Bake the cake according to box directions making two 9" layers then cool completely.
- Place one cake layer into a large clear glass bowl or triffle bowl. Cover with half of the strawberries, then cover with whipped topping. Repeat with second cake layer finishing with whipped topping.
- TIP: If using frozen cool whip* be sure to thaw completely. Add in a teaspoon of vanilla and whisk until well blended. This makes it taste more homemade. I have also made this with yellow layers.
- NOTE: Throw a little flour on your face and your friends and family will think you've slaved all day!